September 30, 2013 - mediadealer - Uncategorized - 720 views
Credit cards come with several hidden benefits. Are you aware of some of the perks of using your card? Credit card companies offer multiple perks to help you get the most out of your card.
Check the terms of your credit cards for these benefits:
1. Roadside assistance. Did you know credit cards often offer roadside assistance that is similar to AAA?
* This perk varies greatly based on your credit card provider. Companies either offer free service or a paid service. You’ll have to carefully check the policies as you sign up for this perk.
* If you’re stranded and need help, roadside assistance can come rescue you.
2. Longer warranties. Did you purchase an appliance or electronic device with your favorite credit card? Your credit card may extend your warranties.
3. Protection from cancelations. Did you miss your concert or play? Credit card companies can refund the money you spent on tickets. However, you have to use the card to make the initial purchase.
* Even if it’s your fault you missed an event, you might still get a refund. This service is only provided by some carriers, so check your card before you claim this benefit.
4. Exclusive access while you travel. The fancy airport lounges can be yours if you have the right card.
* Credit cards can offer you the chance to stay in the best airport lounges and hotels, at no extra charge. These exclusive offers vary greatly based on your card, but many of them will grant you special access. Enjoy a unique cocktail or appetizer while you wait for your next flight.
5. Extra help while you travel. The lounges are not the only travel benefit. If you have an emergency while you’re traveling, credit cards can help you. They offer services such as insurance to help you if your luggage disappears or your phone is lost.
* Companies can offer assistance in several ways. They may replace the luggage or send you money so you can replace it yourself. They may also help you track down the luggage.
6. Replacing stolen items. Was an item you purchased stolen?
* If one of your purchases is stolen, credit cards can help you. As long as you paid for the item with the credit card, you can report it to them. This will vary by provider, so check your card.
* Items that can be replaced vary from electronics to furniture. However, not everything is covered. For example, stolen food isn’t covered by most cards.
7. Help returning items. The sweater you purchased is too pink, and the shoes are too tight. Your credit card can help you return these items.
* If the person or business refuses to take back the items, then the credit card will refund it anyway. This is done within 90 days of the purchase.
* You’ll need to save the receipt and tags to ensure everything is covered.
* Credit cards limit the total amount of money that can be refunded, so extremely expensive items are usually not covered. In addition, some items like food may not be a category that falls into the help section.
Credit card perks are often hidden in the fine print. However, you can benefit greatly by being aware of these benefits.
It's not the things you don't know, but rather the incorrect things you believe, that cause many of the real challenges in life. A....
Meditation and financial success might appear to be in separate worlds, but meditation can be very helpful for dealing with financ....
Retirement Savings Advice Age 20 and 30 to ensure your future today. Everyone should have retirement as an option for the future. ....
Are you looking for the most bang for your buck? You need to get as much as you can for each hard-earned dollar. Coupons are a won....
You must be logged in to post a comment.