Adding a mix of bonds to your portfolio is a smart way to develop the fixed income securities portion of your portfolio. There are five different types of bonds to consider when purchasing fixed income securities:
Types of bonds Pros Cons
- Safe option since you are purchasing a portion of the country’s debt.
- Three options with maturity dates ranging from one to ten years (bills, notes, and bonds).
- Low yields compared to other options.
Foreign government bonds
- Good way to diversify if you already hold U.S. bonds.
- Safe investments as long as you choose bonds issued by stable countries.
- There are risks with developing countries since countries can default on payments.
- The yields are fairly low due to the tax advantages offered.
- It is possible for a city to go bankrupt.
- No federal taxes on profits.
- Some cities do not tax returns for residents.
- Higher yields.
- Possibility to find bonds with maturity dates ranging from five to twelve years.
- Low risks if the company has a good credit rating.
- Payouts are fairly low if a company has a good credit rating.
- Higher risks than other types of bonds since companies often go bankrupt.
Zero coupon bonds (corporate or municipal)
- Sold at a discounted par value.
- Can be redeemed for a much higher value on the maturity date.
• No regular payouts like with other types of bonds.
Learn how to create cultures of user experience and feedback from these young entrepreneurs.
Source: What the Smartest Startups Are Getting Right in Marketing
A well-maintained email marketing program rises above the noise and provides a return on investment unmatched by other digital-marketing efforts.
Source: 4 Ways to Dramatically Increase Email Subscriptions
Put yourself where success is, and you’ll be one of the elite few rolling in the ‘Royce. Surround yourself with people who will stretch your mind.
Source: Making Your First Million Is Easy — If You Follow These 5 Steps
As you pursue a prosperous life, learn about your attitudes and behaviors regarding money.
Source: 5 Secrets Most People Don’t Know About Money
Undermining your health actually is not a career advantage.
Source: Why Food, Sleep and Exercise Are Critical to Success
These fears are real for everyone — but anyone can overcome them.
Source: 6 Fears That Keep You From Starting Your Own Business
“As long as a small or local business leverages that natural place in the community, the community in which it resides will be more likely to engage with the content and therefore increase its chances of being effective,” says Douglas Lee Miller, senior marketing strategist for marketing firm WSOL.
We like to think our marketing and PR needs to be global, but thinking locally is often smarter.
Source: How Entrepreneurs Can Leverage Local News
It’s time to start using your personal Facebook to build your brand, business and awareness.
Source: 14 Power Facebook Tips to Build Your Brand and Business
This article shows you that Facebook is an important marketing tool for any business.
It all begin with a mindset. Know the 7 Habits of Highly Successful Internet Marketers now!
Being thick-skinned and an expert writer are just two of the characteristics winning marketers share.
Source: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Online Marketers